Coherence + littlegrid = develop faster :-)
Run an entire Oracle Coherence cluster in a single JVM - perfect for trying out ideas in your IDE or easily automating your Coherence tests for build servers
littlegrid is a simple and pragmatic open-source framework that lets you run an entire Oracle Coherence cluster in a single JVM for performing unit tests and functional/integration testing.
The littlegrid website is regularly visited by many people from over 70 different countries across the world - lots of people return to find out more, are you interested to know more?
If you answer 'YES' to any of the below questions, then littlegrid can help you out:
- * Do you want to easily and effectively test the functionality of your Coherence code in a small cluster? So, do you want to easily test your entry processor/cache store/backing map listener etc. YES! Did you know if you run tests with a single cluster member then you aren't testing properly!
- * Do you want to easily and effectively test with an Extend client, Extend proxy server(s) and cache server(s) in literally seconds and have them shutdown all at once when the test stops? YES!
- * Do you want to easily automate your integration or functional tests and run them on a Continuous Integration (CI) server? YES!
- * Do you want to test what happens if a cluster member fails over or leaves the cluster? YES!
With littlegrid and just a few lines of code, you can quickly and easily try out fully-clustered ideas in your favourite IDE or automate your Coherence integration tests and have them running on your CI (Continuous Integration) server.
Run the cluster and have your test code connect as a storage-disabled cluster member or as an Extend client.
memberGroup = ClusterMemberGroupUtils.newBuilder() .setStorageEnabledCount(2) .buildAndConfigureForStorageDisabledClient(); NamedCache cache = CacheFactory.getCache("test");
More about littlegrid
- Start, stop and shutdown cluster members
- Runs in a single JVM
- Easy way to automate Coherence integration tests
- Simple and compact API
- Test framework agnostic (JUnit/TestNG) – can even be used in standalone program
- Minimal dependencies - just Coherence is required (3.5.x or later)
- Run using an IDE, Maven, Ant – Continuous Integration (CI) friendly
- Open-source (BSD)